The time is just flying by y’all! We have only 2 more weeks left in this Fall Bible Study Session.
On Day 1 of our study, we began to identify what God has called us to do in our lives. We looked at the works, ministries, and/or gifts He has given us to determine our calling.
The lesson on Day 2 encouraged us to remember that we’re made to serve as a team. God put others in our lives for us to accomplish the work He has given each of us to do. Other people help us develop and grow in our ministry callings.
On Day 3, we focused on the important key to equipping us in the work God has called us to do. That key is His word.
” All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16,17
Beth Moore also shared with us the story of William Tyndale and his pursuit of translating scripture into english and how that pursuit cost him his life.
Sometimes, the journey to complete the work God has called us to do is difficult and requires determination and resolve. This theme was our focus on Day 4.
On Day 5, we explored the theme of working out our God-given callings by faith.
Questions to Consider
- What activities or things do I do that make me feel closest to God? Do I recognize these activities as gifts of God?
- What activities am I currently doing that bring me the most joy or energize me? Do I recognize them as coming from God?
- Do I help others accomplish their callings for God?
- What people have helped equip me for the ministry God has given me?
- Do I turn to scripture to be equipped in my service for God regularly?
- Am I in a “serving rut”? Have I replaced my trust in God to help me accomplish the task or in a pattern I designed to accomplish the task?
You’re doing great! Start Week 7 this week.